This post is for all of you who sent me so many messages after watching my Instagram story where I gave you a tour of the Givenchy counter. Yes my pretties, that counter is very much in Kolkata and Givenchy is here with their range of makeup, skincare and fragrance. Just head to Shoppers Stop, South City Mall and you can shop to your heart’s content. A few days back, Anubha Agarwal, Givenchy Makeup Expert and Trainer was in the city for a couple of days and I met her to know more about the brand and I also got a fun makeover from her. Read on to know more 🙂
I’ve used fragrances from Givenchy but apart from a lipstick, I’ve not used anything else from their makeup collection. Somehow, I was under the impression that the base makeup shades would not match my dusky complexion and I was so pleased when I saw the entire range. From primers to concealers to foundations to powders, they have a huge collection and shades to match pretty much all complexions.
I was also very impressed by their eye makeup range. Givenchy mascaras are a cult favorite and after trying them out, I know why! Anubha used the PHENOMEN’EYES mascara on me and I loved how it curled and lengthened my lashes. One product that I am definitely getting for myself is the Eyebrow Couture Definer, a brow pencil with a creamy texture that stays put for hours. That pencil really defined my brows and made them look so perfect. Obviously, Anubha’s hand played a major role in it too :). If you are an eye shadow person, you will love what they have. My favorites will have to be the Ombre Couture cream shadows and the Le Prisme Quatuor eye shadow quads. For the makeover, Anubha used Ombre Couture Rose Dentelle all over lids followed by Ombre Couture Prune Taffetas. These eye shadows are perfect to wear as a base, a light wash of color or you can even mix and match based on the look that you are going for. They are light, have a creamy texture, apply really smoothly and the best part is that they do not budge or fade even after 6-7 hours. The eye shadow quads are available in plenty of colors and the pigmentation and texture is beautiful. These quads have a mix of matte and shimmer shadows and can be used to create so many looks.
If you are a lipstick person like me, what can I say except go check out their range of lipsticks, lip gloss and lip liners. You will be spoilt for choice that is for sure!
I asked Anubha for some daily wear makeup tips and recommendations for Givenchy products to help us look our best and here’s what she had to say.
- Makeup will not look good unless you have hydrated skin and for that she recommended the Global Youth Silky Sheer Cream which hydrates without making the skin greasy or oily
- Next step is to use a Color Correcting primer which can be used on its own or combined with foundation. Acti’Mine primer is available in six shades to perfect and correct the complexion
- If you are looking for a dewy finish, the Photo Perfexion foundation is a very good option. If you want something light for daily wear, go for the Teint Couture Balm, a hybrid of a foundation and BB cream. It provides more coverage than a BB cream and less coverage than a foundation thus making it perfect for days when you want to look polished and not too made up
- To set the makeup, Givenchy has a range of weightless loose and compact powders which give a radiant finish. You can opt for Le Prisme Visage or Prisme Libre
- For eye makeup on a daily basis, Anubha recommends a skin tone eye shadow either in cream or powder form which you can use as a base or on its own. Ombre Couture Rose Dentelle is a favorite because it removes any pigmentation on the eyelids and makes the eyes look awake and more alert. If you want to add a bit of gloss, finish off with a top coat and add mascara
- Do not forget the brows!
- For a quick smokey eye or winged liner, use a waterproof, smudge-proof liner like the new Khol Couture which are available in six vibrant shades
And finally, here’s my makeover look! Anubha gave me a simple, day time glamorous look with winged liner, radiant, dewy skin and red lips. Because I have dry skin, she first applied the Global Youth Silky Sheer Cream after cleansing my face. For primer, she used Acti’Mine in 06, Acti Peach to even out the complexion. For foundation, Teint Couture Balm 06 was applied and finished off with Le Prisme Visage powder in the shade Organza Miel. On the eyes Ombre Couture eye shadows Rose Dentelle and Prune Taffetas were applied followed by the Khol Couture liner in black and the PHENOMEN’EYES mascara. Lipstick was Le Rouge Givenchy in the shade Carmin Escarpin.
Thank you Givenchy, Anubha and the team at South City for the fun session and the makeover. I really had a wonderful time that day. If you want to try out the products, you can test them at the counter and also get complimentary makeovers done so definitely visit the Givenchy counter at Shoppers Stop, South City Mall.