Lakme recently launched the Weightless Mousse Foundation and I immediately wanted to try it out. I don’t like heavy foundations and I’m all for the weightless, natural feel so this seemed perfect for me. Lakme sent over a sample in the shade Beige Vanilla, which is slightly light for my skin tone but I can still make it work because of the texture. Here are my thoughts on this new launch.
The all new Lakmé 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation certainly lives up to its name. Lightweight by nature; it effortlessly blends into the skin and achieves the perfect coverage for a flawless yet natural, everyday look. It has moisturising qualities but also gives a matte finish that lasts all day long and is ideal for all skin types.
- Lightweight formula
- Easy blending
- Desired coverage for daily use
- Suitable for all skin types
- Matte finish
Price – Rs 575 for 29 gm
Shades – Beige Caramel, Beige Vanilla, Rose Honey, Rose Ivory
- The foundation comes in four shades. The Beige ones are for warmer skin tones and the Rose ones are for lighter skin tones and will probably have more pink in them. I’m an NC 43 in MAC and I think Beige Caramel will suit me better. Thankfully, because of how yellow toned Beige Vanilla is, it still works but I do need to mix in a bit of my own foundation to get the perfect color.
- The foundation has a very siliconey primer like feel to it. Everytime I put this on, I feel like I’m actually applying a primer and not a foundation. No complaints because it means that true to its name, the weightless foundation is really weightless! It has a very soft mousse like texture that immediately blends into the skin and turns matte. You don’t need to set the foundation with powder because it feels like powder on the skin. If you have very oily skin, this texture is just perfect for you. If you have dry skin, make sure to moisturise beforehand else it might be too dry on the skin and cling to the dry patches
- While I love the texture of the foundation, I wish it offered more coverage. It does not conceal blemishes or dark circles so if you are looking for a foundation that does all that, you will be disappointed. However, if you are looking for a light-medium coverage foundation for daily wear , it can be a good choice.
- The foundation lasts for about 3-4 hours on me. Make sure to moisturise properly before applying the product so that it does not turn patchy.
I am liking the new Lakme 9to5 Weightless Mousse Foundation because I like light foundations that have a powder matte finish. I can wear this everyday to work without feeling like I’ve got a lot of makeup on. A little bit more pigmentation would have made this perfect!