I finally got around to trying the new Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Lip Color range. It was launched couple of months back at the Lakme Fashion Week along with the Serum Foundation, Oil-in-Serum and Oil-in-Cream. I will post reviews of all these products but let’s get down to talking about the lipsticks first.
Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Lip Color
Lakme Absolute brings you the miracle beauty ingredient Moroccan Argan Oil, now in a luxurious matte slimstick called the Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Lip Color with Argan Oil. The luxurious silky formula of the Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Lip Color with Argan Oil nourishes lips, while delivering rich and intense color.
Number of shades – Available in 15 shades and 3 exclusive shades for Nykaa
Price – Rs 800 for 2 gm
Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Lip Color Review
The four shades that I have are :
- Rouge Love – coral pink
- Rosy Lips – rosy mauve
- Mauve Silk – deep plum
- Crimson Town – cherry red
- The lipsticks look very impressive and the gold metallic outer packaging gives them a luxe feel. These might look heavy but are actually very lightweight
- I have seen swatches of all the 15 shades and all of them will work beautifully on the Indian skin tone. From reds to pinks to plums and browns, there is a color for everyone
- They apply thinly and feel weightless on the lips
- Even though they are matte lipsticks, they do not dry out lips and feel quite comfortable
- Lasts for nearly six hours on me.
- The lipsticks have a strong, synthetic smell
- The first application is not that great. The lipsticks drag a bit on the lips. Thankfully, it becomes ok after a few swipes and then they go on smoothly
- Texture is not uniform. Rouge Love applies patchy. The darker colors perform better
- Some of the shades tend to cling on to the dry parts of the lips so exfoliating before applying the lipsticks is a must
- Priced too high for the quantity.
This range is not your regular bang on full coverage, opaque matte lipsticks like the Argan Oil Lip Colors. They remind me of the ColourPop Ultra Blotted Lips and I personally love the blotted finish because it looks more natural. The ColourPop ones get a bit drying after sometime but the Luxe Matte lip colors feel very comfortable. I am really enjoying wearing them. The price could have been lesser though.
Have you tried any shade from the new Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Lip Color range? Which one is your favorite? Do share in the comments below.