Makeup Revolution has been getting a lot of attention for their reasonably priced good quality makeup. In India, we have to pay a bit more than our fellow British makeup enthusiasts because of all the import taxes etc but even then, at Jabong, the prices are quite low. I was watching Shalini’s (Be Beautilicious) haul video some days back where she showed a couple of Makeup Revolution palettes that she picked up and I got inspired to do the same. And the palette that I chose from Jabong is Welcome To The Pleasuredome , named after the Frankie goes to Hollywood song.
The palette has 18 shades out of which 12 are shimmer and 6 matte. The palette is available for Rs 1240 at jabong.com. In the UK, it is priced at £6 🙁
First Impression :
- Love both the outer and inner packaging. The black and gold combo looks quite chic but the case is a fingerprint magnet 🙁
- I love the selection of colors and the combination of shimmer and matte shades. There are light neutrals, dark browns, blacks and bright jewel toned colors so you can create a wide range of looks with this palette. Great for travelling as you are pretty much sorted if you take just this along with you.
- The texture is smooth and buttery and the pigmentation of all shades except a few matte ones is pretty good. I don’t mean to sound all hoity toity but I honestly did not expect a £6 palette to be this impressive. I’ve not used the shadows yet so can’t comment on how long they last, whether they crease or not or have fallout. I’ll put up a look with some of the shades soon and let you know how good or bad the shadows are when applied.
Here are details of each shade and the swatches :
- Welcome To Pleasuredome – Shimmery champagne
- Xanadu – Shimmery peach
- Moving On – Shimmery light brown
- Using My Power – Blue with purple undertone
- You Really Can’t Afford Me – Blackened teal
- Even When They Reach The Top – Purple
- Where Lovers Roam – Bronze light brown
- Jungle Call – Shimmery Taupe
- Moving At A Million Miles An Hour – Copper
- Sell It By The Hour – Shimmery turquoise
- Shooting Stars Never Stop – Gold shimmer
- There Goes A Supernova – Dark green shimmer
- What A Push Over – Matte cream (poor pigmentation)
- Long Way From Home – Matte bronze
- Diamond By The Shower – Dark brown
- Love Your Body – Dark purple
- I Can Do It – Black
- Never Doing What I Am Told – Dark black
Have you tried any Makeup Revolution product? What are your favorites?