Maybelline New York is out with some new products and one of them is the White Superfresh 12 Hr Whitening + Perfecting Compact. It is available in three shades – Pearl (Light to Medium), Shell (Medium) & Coral (Medium to Dark). I got the shade Coral and I’ve been using it for the past few days. Read on to know what I think of this new launch.
- It lasts up to 12 hours
- No dabbing, washing or touch-ups necessary
- Keeps you fresh and fair throughout the day
- Absorbs sweat and doesn’t let your skin get patchy
- Has pure perlite and UV filters
- Available in 3 shades for your skin tone
What I think of the product
- Simple, white packaging with a mirror and a sponge puff inside
- Coral is meant for medium to dark skin but when I applied it for the first time, I did not think it was a good match. My face looked white but the color settled down and after a few mins, blended into the skin to give a natural finish. If you have a darker complexion than mine, I’m not sure whether Coral will be a good match. Check at the counter before buying
- Gives light to medium coverage so don’t expect the powder to hide all blemishes and dark circles
- The powder is finely milled and quite smooth. It’s got a ‘powdery’ texture but is easy to apply and blends evenly
- I like the fact that once you apply the powder, the skin immediately looks refreshed and you can see the difference in the pictures. I don’t look fair but I definitely look more ‘awake’ and not as dull as I look in the picture without the powder on
- It does not last for 12 hrs but I get around 4-5 hours out of it before touching up . This powder is particularly suited for oily skin because it is mattifying and keeps oil at bay. If you have dry skin, moisturise properly before applying the powder because it can accentuate the dry patches
- At Rs 150, you get 8 gm of product and I think that it is fantastic.
Here is a before and after pic. On the left, I have no makeup on except kajal. On the right I only have the Maybelline White Superfresh Compact on my face.
I wish Maybelline did not jump on the whole whitening bandwagon. There’s already enough of discrimination against dark skin in our country and we did not need another product to reinforce the thought that fair is beautiful. Keeping that bit aside, I think the product itself is pretty good. It is extremely reasonably priced, it mattifies skin, makes it appear brighter and keeps oil at bay. For daily use, I will recommend it. I hope Maybelline comes out with a few more shades to really suit all skin tones.
Have you checked out or tried the new Maybelline White Super Fresh Compact Powder yet?