When two girls meet, invariably at some point in the conversation there will be a reference to skincare, hair care or makeup. And that happens a lot with me since I started blogging. A friend and I got talking about makeup in general and she wanted to know five of my most used makeup products. It was tough to stick to only five because there are quite a few that I use a lot but I managed to give her the answer and I thought why not share my list with you as well so here goes.
1. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation – I have been using this pretty much everyday for the last two years. I usually don’t wear foundation on a daily basis and this powder has been my trusted companion when I want coverage yet not look made up. Those of you who are looking for a good compact powder, go to MAC and get one of this. I think it is priced around Rs 1800-1900.
2. Sephora Jumbo Liner 12hr Wear Waterproof Pencil in Black – I am on to my 4th Black Jumbo Liner and everytime I go to a Sephora, I make sure to get at least a couple of these pencils. It can be used both as a shadow and a liner and I love the soft and creamy texture, the jet black color and the fact that it stays put for hours. Sephora has plenty of colors in this range and I would definitely recommend you check them out.
3. NARS Dragon Girl Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – I absolutely love Dragon Girl! I have a lot of red lipsticks but this is the one I reach out for the most. The color is a beautiful cherry red with pink undertones and it instantly brightens up the complexion. I love the smooth texture, the matte finish and the fact that it does not make lips dry. The biggest plus point is that it lasts for a very long time and does not feather, bleed or transfer. You can get Dragon Girl at strawberrynet.com for around Rs 1830.
4. Makeup Revolution Welcome To The Pleasuredome palette – I got this palette a few months back and I’ve been using it non-stop. It has a lovely mix of jewel toned shimmery colors and neutral mattes so you can create a number of looks with this. I mostly use the matte shades and the pigmentation is really good. Can be compared with any palette from a high-end brand. Makeup Revolution products are available at jabong. You can also order from their site directly but they do have very high shipping charges. I bought this palette for around Rs 800 after discount.
5. Essence Blush Up Powder Blush in Heat Wave – See how pretty it is? I love Essence and specially this blush which has an orange, coral and bright pink shade. The blush is powdery but has a smooth texture, the pigmentation is really good and it stays on for a long time. The price is around Rs 400 and you can get Essence at Flipkart and Amazon.
That was my list. I am eager to know your five most used makeup products so do share in the comments below 🙂