Kolkata witnessed its first ‘ Sorbet’ degustation at the Mama Mia! outlet in Ballygunge with Damiano Francovigh, Consulate General of Italy, Kolkata, and noted hair stylist Raman Bharadwaj among others. The occasion was the launch of Mama Mia!’s Super Sorbet Specials.
The flavors include :
- Watermelon and Mint Sorbet : Watermelon and mint leaves blended into one perfect summer cooler
- Grilled Pineapple Sorbet : Char grilled caramelized pineapples mixed with pieces of pineapple fruit in a pineapple sorbet base
- Blood Orange and Pomegranate : Blood Orange juice mixed into the sorbet base with pomegranate varigato
- Mandarin Orange Basil : An oriental twist to the sorbet spread with the freshness of mandarin oranges and fresh basil
- Alphonso Super Sorbet : This sorbet has over 50% fruit content. It is like eating a frozen alphonso mango.
- Sicily Lemon : Sicilian lemons and sugar. Simple and delicious
Scoring high on natural fruit content and being fat free, sorbets are a healthier alternative to ice creams and desserts. Zero fat, high in anti-oxidants and natural fruit content, vitamins and minerals, Mama Mia! sorbets are priced at Rs 69+ taxes and they will be available at all outlets till August. And which flavor did I like the most? Alphonso Super Sorbet for sure. Creamy and packed with the flavor of alphonso mangoes, this is a must have!