Earlier this year, I saw a few pictures on The Body Shop‘s twitter feed about their new Oils of Life skincare range and since that day, I’ve been eagerly waiting for the products to hit the stores. Well, now they have and I have been trying out the star product of the range, Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil for the last one week. This is a first impression/review of my experience. I will update it after four weeks to let you know about its anti-aging properties.
By infusing our 3 precious seed oils (Black Cumin, Camellia, Rosehip) with a blend of 7 essential oils – Lavender, Rosemary Leaf, Geranium, Orange Peel, Lavandin, Marjoram Leaf, Roman Chamomile – The Body Shop created a daily facial oil that intensely revitalises skin and visibly reduces signs of ageing. Enjoy a highly sensorial experience made from 99% oils of natural origin*; this lightweight Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil effortlessly melts onto skin, leaving a silky soft, non-sticky finish. It’s not a miracle…but it’s close!
How To Use
Apply 1- 2 drops onto face and neck and gently massage into skin every morning and evening before applying a cream. Avoid eye area.
Rs 3095 for 30 ml
In stores and online
My Thoughts On The Product
- The oil comes in a thick brown ombre glass packaging that looks quite classy. It contains a dropper that dispenses just the right amount of product that you need. While the glass packaging looks great, it is definitely not travel-friendly. Be careful if you are planning to take this bottle out on your trip
- It smells of herbs and while it is nothing fancy, I actually like the smell. Gives me the feeling that the oil contains natural ingredients
- The oil is very light and immediately absorbs into the skin without leaving any greasy film on top
- Now that the weather is changing and it is starting to get cooler, my skin has become drier than usual. This oil has been working really well to get rid of the dryness. I massage a couple of drops into the skin before applying my usual moisturiser during the day and night cream before hitting the sack and the dryness is gone. The oil feels luxurious and leaves the skin silky smooth
- Has not irritated my skin or lead to any breakouts
- Like I wrote earlier, I obviously cannot figure out in a week whether the oil has reduced signs of aging so I will update you on that after using it for an entire month. I can definitely vouch for its claim of instantly revitalising and nourishing the skin. Expensive product yes but then, you only need a couple of drops so the bottle will actually last for months
- I know a lot of you will want to know whether you can use a facial oil if you have oily skin or skin that is prone to breakouts so here is your answer from Dr Terry, Global Skincare Expert for The Body Shop ” ….facial oils won’t make your skin oilier. Oils have the incredible ability to leave skin soft and supple without being greasy or sticky, while mitigating irritation, thanks to the natural healing effects of the oils.”
The Body Shop has also come up with a unique Revitalising Dance Facial Workout to tone up the facial muscles. Try it out. You’ll feel and look energised, alive and radiant in no time!
When you choose Oils of Life skincare, you will help The Body Shop to plant seeds and make a positive difference. In association with World Land Trust, the aim is to plant 1 million seeds in Cerro Blanco, Ecuador to help protect local biodiversity.
Do you want to try out The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil?