My nails have got a major makeover thanks to The Nail & Lash Bar. I am now sporting rose gold chrome nails and not letting go of a single opportunity to flaunt them!
About The Nail & Lash Bar
The Nail & Lash Bar is a new outlet on Allenby Road catering to the growing demand for trendy nail art and lash extensions. N & L is managed by two sisters, nail art fans themselves who have brought a plethora of nail related services to Kolkata. Here, you can get gel/acrylic nail extensions, mirror/chrome nails, velvet/sugar nails, water marbling, 3D nail art etc etc. Other services include a wide range of manicures, pedicures and also lash extensions. To know more about N&L, their services, the prices and to book an appointment, check the website.
Dalia De, the proprietor is very passionate about beauty and anything to do with nails. All the products in the salon are sourced from professional brands from around the world and they are non-toxic and non-carcinogenic.
The 600 ft salon is done up in shades of peach, white and green with images of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn adorning the walls. There are four nail stations and separate stations for pedicures. I liked the decor of the place. It looks pretty, vibrant, chic and most importantly, clean and hygienic.
How To Get Gel Nail Extensions
I opted for gel nail extensions because they look more natural and last longer. At N&L, they also offer acrylic and acnu gel extensions. If you already have long nails, you can opt for overlay on your own nails.
- The process of applying gel nail extensions is quite simple actually. Cuticles are first softened, nails are filed and then gel nails are fixed on the natural nail tips with glue. After that, three layers of carcinogen free UV Builder Gel is applied. After the application of each layer, nails are ‘cured’ in the UV Lamp for 120 seconds
- Once the nails are ‘cured’, the tacky gel surface is removed with a cleansing solution and nails are filed to get the desired shape
- Nails are cleansed once again and UV gel sealer is applied
- Last step is cleansing hands with a wet tissue, followed by a hand massage and application of a top coat and cuticle oil to soften the cuticles
- Gel nail extensions at N&L cost Rs 2500 and last for nearly 21 days. The gel refill costs Rs 1200.
How To Get Rose Gold Chrome Nails
- After the gel nails are in place, the nails are buffed and uneven ends evened out
- Two coats of bubble gum pink nail polish is applied and dried under the UV lamp
- After the polish dries, chrome powder is rubbed on the nails with a sponge-tip applicator in a circular pattern
- And voila, the bubble gum pink transforms to a shiny rose gold!
- The last step is the application of a top coat and cuticle oil
- Full set chrome with gel nail extensions cost Rs 3500. Refill costs Rs 1200.
Thank you The Nail & Lash Bar for my beautiful nails. You have got me hooked on to this chrome nails thing badly. Next time, I think I will go for either black or silver 🙂
The Nail & Lash Bar, 32 Allenby Road (near Forum Mall, Elgin Road). N & L Bar is open from Monday to Saturday from 10.30 am to 7.30 pm and on Sunday from 10.30 am to 3.30 pm.
Complimentary service provided by T&L for review purpose