I recently came across this tag which was quite popular a couple of years ago. Considering my immense love for travel, thought it would be fun to share my answers with all of you. Here goes!
1. Where have you travelled to that you would love to visit again?
Oh my. So many places but if I had to choose one, it would be Paris 🙂 I was there last summer with my girl friends and I’ve fallen in love with that city. The architecture, the food, the picturesque locations, the museums, all of these make me want to go back . Just need to earn a lot more money!
2. Where was your first plane to?
I think to Bombay as it was known back then. I was travelling with my brother and parents and I remember seeing a lot of Bollywood stars at the Juhu Holiday Inn. 🙂
3. You’re leaving tomorrow, money is no object, where are you going?
Will leave on a private jet and travel the world. There are so many places I want to see. I’ll start off with my own country and visit all the states then I want to go to Egypt, Jordan, Africa, Latin America, New Zealand etc etc. Can I get a sponsor please? 😀
4. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or car?
I am not fond of long train or car journeys and want to reach my destination quickly so plane it is.
5. Top Three Travel Items?
Other than the essentials like phone, money, passport, medicines, personal care items, it would be:
- My camera
- A good book
- Chocolate or any snack (you never know when hunger strikes right!)
6. Where would you travel to just eat the food?
I can’t take bread, pasta and foreign food for a long time so it will have to be somewhere close to home. Delhi it is for me. I can live on tandoori roti, kaali dal and chicken tandoori and they make it the best in the capital city.
7. Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked?
8. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
A bit of both. Places that have strong memories attached to them, I don’t mind visiting again but usually I’d like to go somewhere new. There’s so much of the world to see and so little time and money 🙁
9. Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, safety) or do you wing it?
I read up a lot and like to be prepared. Before travelling to a particular city/country, I’ll hunt the internet to find out about the history, culture, places to visit, restaurants to go to etc.
10. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name, city & why.
Havelock Island, Andamans, India. Snow-white beaches, turquoise waters, lush green forests all around. Need I say more ? 🙂
I now tag all of you to share your answers with me either on your blog or in the comments below. Would love to read them :D.