Lakmé is back with its progressive style statement for the season and it’s all about an Illuminated look and the products used to create it. Inspired by the shimmer and sparkle of a precious crystal, the new product range consists of Shimmer Lipsticks, new Eyeshadow Palettes, Eye Liners, Kajal and Nail Colors.
- Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Lip Shimmer – The new range consists of fifteen shades that deliver a rich color sheen with a reflective shimmer finish. Priced at Rs. 700/-
- Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette – available in Silver and Gold. The palette comprises six eye shadow options in satin and shimmer finish. Priced at Rs. 995/-
- Lakmé Absolute Precision Eye Artist Eyeliner – available in 3 metallic shades: Emerald Green, Blue Sapphire and Burnished Brown. Priced at Rs. 850/-
- Lakmé Absolute Precision Eye Artist Kajal – is a twist up variant that delivers a rich black finish. Priced at Rs. 750/-
- Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist – available in 10 glitter shades. Priced at Rs. 400/-
My Thoughts On The Products
Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Lip Shimmer – I got three shades to try out – Pink Flash, Tropical Shine and Crimson Blink. The colors are pretty, they go on quite smooth, the texture is creamy, has good pigmentation and last for around 4-5 hours. The name says Illuminating Lip Shimmer so obviously the lipsticks have shimmer in them. In Pink Flash and Crimson Blink, the shimmer is more subtle while Tropical Shine goes all out in the shine department :). More than a lipstick, I think it is a beautiful blush/highlight color for the cheeks. Personally, frosty finish lipsticks are not my thing unless I’m going to a wedding or any other event where I want to sparkle and shine but if you don’t mind a bit of shimmer on your lips, these are good options to try.
Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette – I got the Silver palette which is appropriate for day looks and contains mostly matte shadows. Colors include shades of silver, blue and purple. I was most excited about the palettes because Lakme was doing them for the first time. I would have liked the colors to have better pigmentation and be more soft and easy to blend.
Lakmé Absolute Precision Eye Artist Eyeliners – These are twist up pencils with a rubber grip for easy application. The texture is smooth and creamy, pigmentation is good and they do not smudge or transfer which makes them a good option to use an eyeshadow base as well.. Out of the three, Blue Sapphire is my favorite. The only issue I have with the liners is the price. Yes, the quality is good but there is nothing extraordinary or unique about them hence Rs 850 is way too high.
This is a look that I created using the Silver palette, Blue Sapphire and Emerald Green liners and Pink Flash Lip Shimmer. On my face, I’ve just used concealer and powder with a bit of highlighter on the cheekbones and bridge of the nose. Like I said above, the lipstick colors are really pretty and there is a wide range available. If you are not fond of the frosty finish, just apply the lipstick and blot using a tissue or dab a bit of powder on your lips.
Have you tried anything from the new Illuminate collection? Do share in the comments below.